Our Council of Governors represents the interests of staff, patients, public, service users and carers, as well as other local organisations in the running of our Foundation Trust. The Council is largely made up of representatives covering all the districts and boroughs of the county. The Board of Governors meets regularly to discuss and review the Trust’s plans. Contact the Foundation Trust Office if you would like to know more about becoming a Governor.
What they do
The Council of Governors is a very important forum that helps shape the future direction of the organisation.
Members of the public, patients, service users and carers, and staff are all encouraged to liaise with our Governors to improve the way we work and deliver services. You can contact any of our Governors via our Foundation Trust office. You can be confident that our Governors will always treat what you tell them sensitively and confidentially when appropriate. The information you provide about your experiences, views and suggestions can really help the Trust to make services better for everyone. The Council of Governors meets regularly to discuss and review the Trust’s plans. Other roles and responsibilities for the Council of Governors are:
- Representing members’ views to the Trust’s board of directors
- Sharing information about key decisions with members of the Trust
- Appointing or removing the chair and non-executive directors
- Being involved in recruitment of the chief executive
- Appointing the Trust’s auditors external
- Providing advice on the future strategic plans of the Trust
- Receiving the annual report and accounts at the annual general meeting.
Council of Governors meetings
The Council of Governors meet regularly throughout the year in public. Dates and venues for future 2019 meetings are:
- Thursday 7 March 2019, 10.00am -13.00pm, Portland Room, Kettering Conference Centre, Kettering, NN15 6PB
- Thursday 16 May 2019, 10.00am - 13.00pm, Directors Lounge, Northampton Saint's Rugby Ground
- Thursday 18 July 2019, 13.30pm - 16.30pm, Portland Room, Kettering Conference Centre
- Thursday 19 September 2019, 13.00pm - 16.00pm, Franklin's Garden, Northampton Saint's Rugby Ground
- Thursday 21 November 2019, 10.00am - 13.00pm, Portland Room, Kettering Conference Centre
- Thursday 23 January 2020, 10.00am - 13.00pm, Portland Room, Kettering Conference Centre
- Thursday 12 March 10.00am - 13.00pm, Directors Lounge, Northampton Saint's Rugby Ground
Papers for the meetings are available in the document section below.
Meet our Governors
Kettering & Corby - Richard Dobson | Chris Davison | Paul Joy
Daventry & South Northants - Michael Darling | Carol Philips | Gary Telford
Northampton - Vacant | Des Savage | Saher Anwar
Wellingborough & East Northants - Janet Hathaway | John Walker | Ranjit Singh
Rest of England - Colin Cohen
Younger Service Users - Vacant
Adult Service Users - Tremaine Richard-Noel | Tony Locock | Alan Clark | Kevin Boyce | Vacant | Vacant
Older Service Users - Margaret Horne
Vacant | Vacant | Sandra Bemrose
Doctors & Dentists - Shahid Hussain
Registered Nurses - Cazz Broxton
Unregistered Nurses - Stuart Fitzgerald
Other Clinical - Manda Mellors
Non Clinical - Samantha Benfield
Northamptonshire County Council - Councillor Christina Smith-Haynes
Borough & District Councils - Councillor Rosemary Herring
The University of Northampton - John Turnbull
Criminal Justice Services, Youth - Liz Fowler
Criminal Justice Services, Adult - Vacant
Northamptonshire Rights & Equality Council - Vacant
Older People - Age UK Northamptonshire - Sue Watts
Carer - Mark Major
Becoming a governor
Please contact us on 01536 452061 if you would like to discuss becoming a Governor. More information about what is involved in being a Governor is available here: Governor information booklet[pdf] 617KB
Voting will launch in the following constituencies on 30th January 2020 and will close on 27th February 2020:
Adult service user
Public Kettering & Corby
All members in these constituencies will have received either an email or postcard notifying of how to stand.
If you are not currently a member and are interested in standing or you do not believe you have received the notification please contact 01536 452061/452057 or email email@example.com for further information.
Please see below the outcomes from past elections.
Previous elections include:
ERS website for February 2018 elections